Whats the market like in the Greensboro, NC area?

There is a chance that I may move to the Greensboro area in North Carolina due to a great school that they have for handicapped children. I was wondering what the real estate market was like in that area. Can you get a good rent/value ratio and etc.
Thanks in advance to any NC investors.

Weldon

My son (“The Boy”)…goes to college (and plays football) for a small D3 school in Danville, VA, just up the road…(as one of the other players says, “It’s only 22 minutes at 120 mph…”).

It looks kinda like here Weldon, quite a few lower-priced properties on the market. Greensboro has several colleges, some industries…I would think that the rental market is not real bad…

Keith

Sounds good. I’ve been doing a little home work and it seems to be ok, better down south a bit in Charlette area and of course in the coastal area, but The triad area seems good enough to build a string of rentals. Keith, thanks for your reply.

Weldon

I’ve looked closely at the Raleigh/Durhem market as I used to live there. The appreciation seems to be quite weak in that area (RDU) as they continue to build subdivisions further and further out from the city center. Probably in some of the older neighborhoods you might get some good cash flow, but the upside appreciation will probably be very modest (at best)

AAK5454, Thank you for your reply. It sounds a lot like the market here in Shreveport/Bossier, as keith said. soft appreciation, but good cash flow.

Weldon