We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2021, 04:19:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 19, 2021, 04:19:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: HOW DO YOU GET GRANTS TO HELP WITH REHABS?  (Read 4424 times)

Offline THE NEW KID

HOW DO YOU GET GRANTS TO HELP WITH REHABS?
« on: April 28, 2004, 12:24:07 am »
This is the new kid again,
         I hear all the time how people get government grants to help them rehab properties. I was curious how they go about getting the grants? I am in the indiana, illinois area and i would like to learn about the grant process.

Offline tedjr

Re:HOW DO YOU GET GRANTS TO HELP WITH REHABS?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 07:24:41 am »
Howdy New Kid:

Rental rehab grants in the mid 90's were a great thing. I received almost $200,000 on 12 different properties to help buy and rehab houses and duplexes here in Austin, Texas.  It was a 10 year conditional grant that was forgiven 10% per year provided the property was maintained and rented to low income tenants etc. The program was cut back to non-profits only and it had to be at least 4 units involved at a time. They were trying to cut the overhead too. I am not sure of the status now but it was funded with Hud money thru the local City Housing office. As far as I know there is no money available or on a very limited basis. You may check with HUD or your local housing dept. Let us know what you find.

Good luck and thank you,
Ted P. Stokely Jr

« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 04:32:05 pm by TRandle »
Ted P. Stokely Jr

San Antonio, Texas

Offline THE NEW KID

Re:HOW DO YOU GET GRANTS TO HELP WITH REHABS?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 02:06:37 pm »
Thanks again Ted.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines