Wholesale Builders/Remodeling Material

Does anyone have and info regarding where a rehabber can find some material for cheap prices. I am looking for places besides Home Depot, Menards and HOBO. I need a place that sells drywall, lumber, doors, vanities, pedestals, tubs, toliets, trim and etc. for cheap prices.

Thanks,
Nikki

Look around for building supply auctions. Wanted ad magazines are good sources of “ooops” materials bought by homeowners/contractors that ordered the wrong thing, color,size etc.
While saving money is priority 1, don’t buy cheap materials. Learn the difference between good quality and poor quality in all materials that you buy, and if you don’t know, ask. I specialize in windows. if you have questions about them let me know.
Jon

Since we don’t know where you’re located, you should start with your yellow pages under building supplies. You may find that you’ve got a Hope Lumber or CalPly in your area – both are national, I believe. IME, they beat BORG pricing and they will deliver for free. Plumbing fixtures will come from a plumbing supply house, but without a high volume order, they may not discount for you. Electrical, again, an electrical supply house.

Vendors that cater to builders often require you to set up an account. Some won’t take credit cards and want a check 10 to 30 days after delivery.