We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2021, 09:00:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2021, 09:00:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: What To say to an investor out the paper if I have no properties  (Read 11493 times)

Offline tsboss1

Re:What To say to an investor out the paper if I have no properties
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 11:38:48 am »
omg. I never said i dont need a teacher. Your putting words in my mouth. My parents are the ones who taught me about real estate and I said I know more ways to make money from real estate then they do. I Stated that they only know one way to make deals happen because they havent read anything. Am I wrong for saying that?? They just do what most other investors do which is find good deals fix em up and rent them out or sale them. I know it's ways to get started with out money or credit and bird dogging is one of those methods I wanted to try. That's why I came and asked what to say to investors because usually the ones I've talked to act like they can buy anywhere at anyprice when in reality they may be just saying that or they want you to have property already. Now I don't know why you feel I should forget about all the other investors out here and get started with my parents after I just said they arent looking for properties right now but I already have my plan and I told you it in my last message.

Offline WGGJR

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 01:39:12 pm »
Raj gave you good advice. Don't over complicate things. While most good investors will consider most markets, they have their target areas where they send out postcards, put out signs, etc. These are the areas that they are more comfortable with and that you would have greater success in finding a deal for them. If you ask them what markets they prefer and you don't get specifics, than, like Raj said, they're greener than you are. K.I.S.S. As a greenhorn myself, I try to over complicate things and its as simple as knowing what a deal is and knowing where to find them. As for the family thing, I would rather pay my son, nephew, brother than someone off the street. Although I understand that they are not looking right now, bring the deals to them first, a good investor never passes up a great deal. They may also let you know that your deal was not a deal after all. Live and learn from other's experience and mistakes. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Weldon
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 03:58:52 pm by WGGJR »
Jr

Offline tsboss1

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 03:50:40 pm »
yea WGGJR you are right. I'm pretty sure they would love my help but they just baught a new house so they arent looking for anymore. This is actually the last house they plan on buying for now so I was looking for an approach for investors I find in the paper or other places and Roger already helped me with that.

Offline ginasands

• Fund Your Dreams
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 06:45:30 pm »
Get a Job... You make too many excuses. I don't want anyone calling me unless they have a deal on the table.  What do you want me to say.  Thanks Kid for wasting my time.  I can tell by your voice that you don't know anything and don't have anything so why are you calling me??? I want to talk to people who can make something happen.

Offline tsboss1

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 07:02:25 pm »
LOL ^^^. Thats the thing. I have many more property leads then serious investors. If I figure out where an investor invests, I can call him/her back when I have something which could be the same day. It wouldn't be a waiste of time if you love money or if you need the help or want to save a little money if using an agent.  I also have no need to make any excuses. You must cant read if you think that I'm Making excuses. This thread was started so I can start my carrer, not run from  my real estate career which is destroyed by excuses.

I call investors like you all the time that say they invest in any area when I can tell they are bird dogs/wholesalers for other investors...That is why they say they invest everywhere in most cases so they can bring the deals to there investors. This is also why I talked to roger and WGGJR about an approach in which they helped me with so why are you posting something thats negative? I Know how to talk to investors because I have fam. members thats investors but its the guys thats in the papers that I can tell dont know anything, with a few exceptions and if you feel someone thats trying to get started is waisting your time because they are trying to get in real estate as well as help you, then your a real selfish, self centered person.

Offline 1fatjoe

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 06:47:45 am »
Dear Mr. TSBOSS,
First off with a name like that i know you are probally just a kid. One of thoes rappers or something that looked and another popular rapper who started a business and your just looking for an easy way. I bet you rap dont you? Get off of ur butt and get a job and build some credit then try to invest because obviously the creative world of rei aint for you. Maybe an instrumental would suit you better right. Yeaaaa (In the words of that one rapper Little Gezy). Listen to people who already have what you are trying to get. Regardless of what you may know and what they may not, they have more money than you abviously and thats what it all boils down to int the end right?? Or you just read a Rich Dad book and you want to be smarter than you actually are. And if you have all of these leads, get them to the people you talk to or maybe just get them to another bird dog. You can be the bird dog's bird dog. Maybe that will work. Good luck buddy and keep going at it. Remember, its possible to walk from Ny to La but its much easier if you fly. Its possible to get into real estate w/out money or credit but it sure is much easier with it.

Offline tsboss1

Re:What To say to an investor out of the paper if I have no properties
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2006, 11:00:33 am »
What are you talkin about a kid? I am a grown man and I do make music.. AND?? what are you trying to say? You dont know anything about me so why are you trying to make predictions about somebody you dont know Mr. 1fatjoe. Im not going to tell you what your name sounds like but anyways, If you can read, I  said I am getting another job and trying to build my credit but until thats settled, im trying to work with investors...for the 50th time I dont need anymore help because roger and wjgr already helped me and I'm working with some good investors now so Somebody just close this thread. Also Why would I walk from NY to LA and Im not even from NY? U sound stupid  and I already know its easier with money/credit....thats why Im trying to get that now....I don't look up to any rapper for what they have, Maybe thats you since you know all about jeezy. get off his jock fat boy

« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 11:21:31 am by tsboss1 »

Offline kdhastedt

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2006, 11:30:49 am »

Gentlemen...please.

Keith
I have CDO...it's like OCD but in alphabetical order - the way it should be!

Offline WGGJR

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 03:57:30 pm »
Can't we all just get along! :rotate:
Jr

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 01:00:23 am »
Hum,
good question, I would ask them if they have purchased before and how soon can they close 7 days or 30 days. you see as a wholesaler you are in charge, as a birdog that takes a bit to find an seasoned investor to help you get up to speed. so try this tell them that you would like to help them find deals, you see as a bdog, I found it critical to focus on how I could make THEM money not me, as I was wasting THERE time as a newbie initially. I had to bend to what they needed and there wishes initially.

you see a seasoned investor gets alot of calls from newbies who do nothing but waste about 30 days of there time until they decide to quit, sound like I have accomodate some, yes I have many, until I learned.

anyway I would call them and see what you can do to help them, buy asking what particular areas do they like to buy in, so you can find them a house, and state if he can help you a bit here and there then he will be the first to get the deal! they need to know your gunna do it come heck or highwater. so anyway try that.
All the very best,
Bill Guerra

Offline tsboss1

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 09:16:17 pm »
thanks bill for the help!

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 08:44:00 am »
Your welcome, all the best!
All the very best,
Bill Guerra

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines