Realtor or not????

I’m going to start searching for my first deal, and i’ll be doing a flip
i’m not sure if i should work with a realtor for my first deal or find it miself with a wholeseller or from a news addvetisment…?

can anyone who is experienced in rehabing please give an advice of what i should do…

an as a new invester, do you advice me to sell my property with a realtor or a sell by owner?

i’ll be searching in the area of rockford IL.
i have everything to get started ;D

thank you!!!

wesk

Why not use both methods?

:wink:

Keith

Right on Keith. Let’s make this an “and” conversation instead of an “or”. Whatta ya think??

Jared :smiley:

thanks Keith and Jared
you guys have done any rehabbs/?
about how long dose a property take to have it sold (is there a different period of time varing from location or not )?

wesk

I have done a handful of rehabs on a part time basis until I went full time in 2005. As far as timewise it varies. I have had a house get an offer the 2nd day on the market, and one that the listing expired after 6 months. I have a house now that has been sitting for 3 months during the slow winter season, and one now that should be another quick offer once it is ready in a few weeks.

I buy, rehab, and hold. I’ve never had a personal residence last for more than 30 days, though (…and I’ve had a bunch over the years!).

Keith

I am newer to rehabing. I have done one property and am working on another purchase. I have found that working through a buyers broker can have its advantages. Mine is an investor too. He is also a mortgage broker which helps me some financially. I know he is just working for me not the seller when I am purchasing. He will also sell my properties for 4% commission rather than the usual 6-7% because he will not do any open houses or extra advertising. However he will list on 2 different local MLS. I have the advantage that he has people coming to him to buy rather 8) than to sell also so hopefully if I do business with him regularly he will keep my properties in mind when he has someone looking to buy. Gracie