We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2022, 03:09:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2022, 03:09:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: adding appliances to completed rehabs  (Read 12000 times)

Offline Afk11

Re:adding appliances to completed rehabs
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 05:18:36 pm »
I will be buying appliances and good ones too..
 I know I am a newbie ..actually still looking for my first deal.
and don't have any experience ,yet ,but I won't compromise on this, from a woman's point of view..remember the wife chooses the house.
I want prospective buyers to love  the house and wanna hear  "aaaahhhh oooooohhh" ..got the drift ? LOL
maybe that's why my budget goes overboard ???  ;)  ;D
I have a $2100 budget for appliances.... :-[

Angela  

Offline gordo2417

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 05:27:33 pm »
2100 bucks for appliances?  Must be made out of gold.  Ok just kidding with that one but that's expensive.  

Like my Dad told me the other day.  First thing a guy looks for is the garage.  The first thing a lady looks for is the kitchen.  My home will have no garage so the kitchen is going to look sharp.  Anyways the ladies wear the pants in the household and those who say otherwise are in denial.  Sorry gents.

Nate-WI
Nate Andree
NJA Investments LLC
njainvestments.com
920-428-9858
[email protected]

Offline Afk11

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 08:09:41 pm »

2100 bucks for appliances?  Must be made out of gold.  Ok just kidding with that one but that's expensive.  

Like my Dad told me the other day.  First thing a guy looks for is the garage.  The first thing a lady looks for is the kitchen.  My home will have no garage so the kitchen is going to look sharp.  Anyways the ladies wear the pants in the household and those who say otherwise are in denial.  Sorry gents.

LOL..
oopps miscaculated  (better recheck my Budget )
I meant $1800

Fridge           $800
Stove          $600
Dishwasher   $400 (yes diswasher..Women want that!  )

Angela.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 08:12:30 pm by Afk11 »

Offline John_NM

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 07:14:32 am »
Hi Nate,

I put used appliances in and I've had no problems, of course they are decent ones. In my opinion as long as the buyers have appliances they are happy. I'm sure there are more experienced investors out there who disagree with me but, I feel as long as you have good working/looking appliances you wont have any problems selling the home. Why spend about 2k (no offense AFK) for new appliances when you can get the same results with about a 1/3 of the price, remember it's your profit margin and I don't believe new versus old will be a deal breaker. As long as you have nice appliances it will sale.

Good luck,
John
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 07:16:46 am by John_NM »
www.jc-buyshomes.com
Take action!!! Your success depends on you taking action!!!!!

Offline drcpr

• PrescottFSBO.com
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 01:33:59 pm »
Hi Nate,

I put used appliances in and I've had no problems, of course they are decent ones. In my opinion as long as the buyers have appliances they are happy. I'm sure there are more experienced investors out there who disagree with me but, I feel as long as you have good working/looking appliances you wont have any problems selling the home. Why spend about 2k (no offense AFK) for new appliances when you can get the same results with about a 1/3 of the price, remember it's your profit margin and I don't believe new versus old will be a deal breaker. As long as you have nice appliances it will sale.

Good luck,
John

I have to agree
we only put new if we can't find appropriate used (color size etc.) W/D definately not putting money into that
I have had one new washer in my life (I'm older than dirt) & it broke after 3 yrs.

one house closing next week we didn't even put in a fridge - most lookers were measuring to see if theirs would fit!

I think yes women & kit & they are they are boss..... save new appliances for barganing....  & then get basic models

Offline Rich_in_CT

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 08:12:01 am »
There's a place near me that has nice used appliances, would be a good  choice for a starter home or rental.  If I was selling anything better than a starter home I'd drop an extra few hundred and pick out some pretty decent new ones, not low end and not $1000 each.  I think buyers might also appreciate the fact that they are putting the cost of appliances into their low rate mortgage and not on their credit card.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 08:12:40 am by Rich_in_CT »

Offline drcpr

• PrescottFSBO.com
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 08:31:10 am »
"...I think buyers might also appreciate the fact that they are putting the cost of appliances into their low rate mortgage and not on their credit card. ..."

This is a good point I hadn't thought of  ;)

Offline JTinColumbus

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2006, 10:53:00 pm »
I am including new appliances in my current rehab.  But it is mainly because of the type of rehab and sale.  I need the "oooh" and "ahh" factor to get top dollar in the area I am in.  If I was rehabing a rental or in a "lower rent" part of town, then used appliances would make perfect sense.  I believe it is the end product that determines which you use.

Offline Straightup

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 02:08:19 pm »
Great Thread!  My wife and I were just discussing this topic the other day.  

Jeff (Also in WI)

Offline gordo2417

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 03:19:57 pm »
Jeff,

Where are you at in Wisconsin?  I'm in Appleton.

Nate-WI
Nate Andree
NJA Investments LLC
njainvestments.com
920-428-9858
[email protected]

Offline Straightup

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2006, 07:23:06 pm »
Sending you an email Nate.  I'm just north of Madison.

Jeff

Offline VOODOO

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 11:20:10 am »
IMO if it was a rental i would put in new appliances, they will be cheaper in the end because they will last longer and have a much longer warranty, instead of having to replace used one every 2 or 3 years.
I'm better then i'v been, but not as good as i'll get

Offline Afk11

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 11:31:31 am »
 I do agree it all depends on the area you are rehabbing.
But I am still set on new ones not used.
If it is under $100,000 like in your case (sorry didn't read it carefully) I would get less expensive appliances.

BUt you do need a few things in the house that surprises any prospective buyers.you might not get the money back but you definetely stand a chance to sell it quicker.

my 2 cents  :)

Ang.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines