We apologize, but the forums are closed for new posts. Click Here To Join The Unemployables Facebook Group

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2021, 08:02:07 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2021, 08:02:07 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Author Topic: Hard Money Lenders  (Read 24593 times)

Offline StacyKellams

• Real Estate Course Reviews
Re:Hard Money Lenders
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2004, 07:01:04 am »
I get 8% from my private investors who know and trust me because I've spent years earning their trust. I can borrow at 8% all day long. I have one private investor who thinks they are taking advantage of me by charging me 6%.

In addition to my private lenders, I also have institutional money managers who are willing to place a percentage of their muliti-million dollar portfolios to work at 8%.

There's an ocean of money out there and money is always looking for a home.

And yes, all of this takes place in America.  ;D

www.RealEstateCourseReviews.com
"Find out which real estate investing courses will really make you money and which ones won't!"

Offline havecash

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2004, 11:38:03 am »
Interesting.

I really don't want to be like a dog chasing his tail in this discussion.

I'd be interested in hearing from other hard money brokers who are finding such money at 8%; and, others finding private money at 6%.

Anyone else out there getting such terms?

I'll be talking to about 100 people tomorrow that are in the lending business. What you are basically saying is that many of them should be lending money to me for my clients at 8%; and, if I've had a business relationship built up with them for some time, they would be giving me private money at 6%.

Offline StacyKellams

• Real Estate Course Reviews
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2004, 02:02:41 pm »
What I'm telling you is what works for me. I have no idea what kind of deals you're pitching to your private investors or what kind of security you're giving them. If you're doing risky deals then of course you're going to pay more for your money.

You made a blanket statement that you didn't believe it's possible to pay 8% for private money and I'm simply letting you know that it is possible.

Good luck.

www.RealEstateCourseReviews.com
"Find out which real estate investing courses will really make you money and which ones won't!"

Offline jrv2

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2004, 08:51:12 am »
DHLC,

How is the rehab money dispersed?  Is it at closing, or on some kind of schedule?

Jessie R. Van, Jr.
JRV2 Investment, LLC
Bringing families and opportunity, together.

Offline DHLC

• DHLC, Inc
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2004, 10:53:13 am »
Jessie,

Rehab funds are disbursed on a construction draw basis.  Once you request a draw an inspector is dispatched to check on the work.  Once approved the funds are deposited into your account.

Rob
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 10:53:52 am by DHLC »
DHLC Investments, Inc., Direct Hard Money Lender
Serving D/FW, Austin & San Antonio Texas
972-467-6547
972-759-9790 fax
http://www.dhlc.com

Offline jrv2

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2004, 11:19:31 am »
Rob,

Thanks for the response.  One thing I was wondering is if I have say $15k in rehab funds escrowed, how do I break up the repairs if I have only 1 or 2 contractors doing all the work?

Do I figure out what part of the work is worth 5k and tell them to stop there until the inspector comes?  What if that is in the middle of a job, it won't get a good inspection will it?

If I have them complete 2k worth of work first, will I get the full draw of 5k?

How long does it take to have the inspector come out, same day, few days, etc...?

If it cost to have an inspector come out every time, obviously I would want to get more done before I request a draw, but the contractor will want them to come more frequently.  How do I balance that?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, and you don't have to answer them all if you don't want to.  Reading over what your company offers, it's about the best I've seen as far as what I 'think' I need from a HML.(haven't used one yet, so i'm not really sure)  I will more than likely be giving your company a call as soon as I go under contract on my first property.  Thanks in advance.

Jessie R. Van, Jr.
JRV2 Investment, LLC

Offline DHLC

• DHLC, Inc
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2004, 03:07:10 pm »
Your GC will create a Scope of Work.  Have him cut it into pieces that fit your budget or have your HML pay the vendors directly.  Example Paint...then Carpet, make sense.

Rob
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 07:31:10 pm by TRandle »
DHLC Investments, Inc., Direct Hard Money Lender
Serving D/FW, Austin & San Antonio Texas
972-467-6547
972-759-9790 fax
http://www.dhlc.com

Offline jrv2

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2004, 07:15:24 am »
Yep, thanks.
JRV2 Investment, LLC

Offline jrklein55

Re:Here you go...
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2004, 10:57:04 pm »
Rich,
Try here...

http://www.reiclub.com/hard-money-lenders.php

I'm new to real estate investing and have been reading everyones books. I am working on increasing my FICO score but it is low. I've heard of Hard Money Lenders that don't do credit reports and verification. Is this true, if so, who are they for the New Jersey area. I really want to get started. I have some good deals that I would like to react on but no cash available.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jack
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 06:52:02 am by TRandle »

Offline tedjr

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2004, 04:44:33 am »
Howdy Jack:

My HML did a credit report and loaned me money anyway. I am personally in a Chapter 7 and Chapter 13, both still active. If I can find one with my credit you can too. They mainly use the property and loan 60 to 70 % of the repaired value. They like to see some experience in rehab or construction most of the time. You may be able to overcome that if you use a contractor to do the work for you.  

As far as New Jersey, use the link here at the club site you quoted or search google for "New Jersey Hard Money Lender ". Another idea is to talk to other investors to find out who they use.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 04:46:31 am by tedjr »
Ted P. Stokely Jr

San Antonio, Texas

Offline jrklein55

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2004, 06:08:53 am »
Thanks Ted, I really appreciate all your help. If there is anyone else out there that can steer me to a Hard Money Lender that is good to deal with and understands my situation, I would appreciate anyones help. My brother in law is a building/remodeling contractor and he would help me with the rehabs. Again Thank you

Jack
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 03:01:37 pm by TRandle »

Offline emtutusa

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2004, 12:01:06 am »
Qoute---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting.

I really don't want to be like a dog chasing his tail in this discussion.

I'd be interested in hearing from other hard money brokers who are finding such money at 8%; and, others finding private money at 6%.

Anyone else out there getting such terms?

I'll be talking to about 100 people tomorrow that are in the lending business. What you are basically saying is that many of them should be lending money to me for my clients at 8%; and, if I've had a business relationship built up with them for some time, they would be giving me private money at 6%.

End Quote-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I think of hard money versus private money I think of two different things.  When I think of hard money I think of people who are in the business of lending money.  When I think of private money I think of people who DON"T KNOW they are in the business of lending money.  There are a lot of people who have money and don't know where to put it.  For instance, the doctors, the lawyers, the CPA's, oh, and that janitor across the street who got that big settlement.  These people are getting 3% in their retirement accounts if they are lucky.  Why wouldn't they be happy to get 8% from you.  Ahhh, now your thinkin.

Offline Eric C

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2004, 01:08:01 pm »
Bingo!

We have a winner!

Good post!

Eric C

Offline eldon

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2004, 06:45:35 pm »
I have three buyers for the houses. I have to close before I can rehab. My credit is very bad. None of my fault. No one wants to hear that. I need hard money to buy, rehab
and then I'll sell immediately.

Offline ResaleBroker

• SalesPractice.com
Re:Here you go...
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2004, 09:13:16 am »
Rich,
Try here...

http://www.reiclub.com/hard-money-lenders.php

Thank you for the link.  This is exactly what I am looking for.
Jeffrey Blackwell
Lead Generation and Personal Selling Skills at SalesPractice.com

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines