Removing Cat Pee Smell

I just had someone move out and there’s a pretty good cat pee smell in the rugs. I got pet deposits, so it’s not a big deal to take care of except–I want to be sure the way I pick works. The carpet sales guy says to do one thing, the carpet cleaning guy says to do another, my barber says some other method works great, you get the idea.

So, anyone had success getting cat pee smell out of rugs and if so, how?

Thanks!

Use a black light to see how bad it is?
If it is just one or two spots, try an enzyme.
I have used Anti Icky Poo and it worked.
You can call your pet stores and see what they have.
You need to use a needle and inject it down into the pad.
It takes two or three days for it to work. the stuff eats the piss :stuck_out_tongue: no joke
If it is all over the place. :cry: New carpet and pad!!!

I Hope This Helps
Bruce

You also need to find out if it is just the carpet…male cats often ‘spray’ the walls, the drapes, etc…

You will also need to find out if it went throught the carpet and the pad and has gotten into the underlayment. If so, scrub it good and paint it with “Kilz” or some other pigmented white sellac product to seal it.

I hope that it didn’t do a lot of damage – carpet, pad, underlayment, etc. can eat up a pet deposit really quickly.

Keith

For the cat problems you should use 100% real pine. It helped when my cat sprayed in my closet . It will remove the smell and kill the germ that causes it . He also sprayed my couch and I used the same process, and the smell is completely gone, not covered -up… Make sure you shampoo the rug afterward…

Hit the carpet 4 times with foaming pet deodorizers and/or a product called “nature’s miracle” (available in pet stores)

Then bristle-clean the carpet 4 more times and the smell should be good.

The ‘pine’ is an excellent suggestion - think I’ll try that on my next carpet with this affliction.