Best cites to invest

What are the best cities to invest in besides FL & AZ

detroit

I WISH I KNEW FOR SURE..  I'm speculating on going to San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas ft worth...  

These cities rated high on the “best places to live” list, and I’ve heard some pretty major employers are thinking of setting up shop there… (toyota, san antonio and samsung in Austin)

• houses are cheap! Any thoughts? I’m ??? just guessing here?

The markets in Utah are doing very well. They are averaging 10% growth.

Hello Everyone, Texas is a major, hot market. Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Ft. Worth and the surrounding areas.

Any ideas on Texas the property taxes? The house prices look very nice all over TX, especially Houston. Is it because of the high property taxes?

Property taxes really have little to do with the overall value of property in an area. Taxes exist to allow governments to function. Texas has no income tax, it has a higher property tax…some states (California, Massachusetts, Maryland, etc.) tax EVERYTHING…some states tax very little. Taxes are set by determining what the budget for a given government is and then sharing that amount over whatever vehicle is chosen as a tax mechanism.

Keith

Glad to see u did your research, When i first saw property taxes there I almost quit looking around, then i did the math.

LB for LB the value is still there, especially since the state income tax.

-Not concrete on this math, but just to get your noodle on the issue...  

Calculating the monthly difference in taxes you can basically look at this two different ways.   For AZ I saw ruffly $150.00 per month increase on taxes for the moderately priceced houses between 1100 and 1500 sq ft.    OR follow me on this one $22,000.00 in EXTRA BUYING POWER assuming a mortgage out for 30 yrs.

In tucson 1100 - 1500 sq homes range from $180,000.00 - $230,000.00

In San Antonio $48,000.00 to $75,000.00---          

I also pay right around $287.00 a month in AZ wage tax… ::slight_smile:
which would be nill in Texas.

Is my thinking on this correct, or am I missing something?

If you are looking for Detroit investment properties let me know what you need.

I’ve lived in Detroit for all 25 of my years, and know much about the area prices and market.

Where else in America can you get a 3 bed room house for under 100K? This market isn’t one for appreciation it’s more of a rental or equity grab market.

Detroit is over 75% renters.

rontayan,

There are tons of places where you can buy 3 bedroom properties for under $100K and a lot of them don’t require the knowledge of proper snow shoveling techniques.

Example: I just bought a 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath brick house for $48,200…before that, I bought a 3 bedroom for $64,900…before that it was a 3 bedroom for $57,000…before that a 2 bedroom for $51,500…you get the idea.

Keith

Yeah…NY is a Blue State…NYC the bluest of the blue (Google “Rodham-Clinton” and “Schumer” – LOL!)…I’ll bet the taxes are a hoot, too!

These are all good solid SFH in working class, blue color neighborhoods, needing major cosmetics only…

Keith

Keith,

That's why all these out of state investors are sending money our way.

As for the best market, I have to give my vote to San Antonio. 20% job growth… who ever heard of that??? The city council finally snapped out of their slumber. I think the city is finally about to come into its own!!!

The economy here is kinda sucky…income levels are low, unemployment is an issue, but the rental market is phenomenal! (Happy-face for me!)

As I have noted also, San Antonio has the medical schools for the Army and the Air Force…if you are a “buy and hold” investor and have not tapped the local military market (regardless of where you are…), you’re missing out and in a big way!

Keith

Amen to that!!! And I hear they will also be beefing up there presence in the next few years!!!

sorry bout that name & #! Just now saw the posting rules

What about Hawaii?

How is the market out there?

High…no, VERY high…but there not making any more property out that way and it will always be in demand…

Keith