Newbie looking for help. Thanks

hi, i am a newbie and didnt do any deal yet. i have know no agents . the only success real estate investor i knew are you guys. and i got few questions here lookng for help

1. how can i estimate the house’s value without a realtor. how can i do it myself? such as any website? just wonder how to do the analyz by myself.

2. what contact i need to buy a house and sell a house. can anyone list it for me? thanks

3. question about land trust, how do it work? is that after i buy a house and then i do the land trust ? or i do the land trust when i buying the house that mean i dont sign any paper. the trustee sign the paper?

4. i know some basic stuff about real estate, i read a book write by ron legrand. do you guys think is enought make a ads on newspaper ? such as " i buy house, any cond & area. Call-XXXXXXXXX"?
    or should i just ride the bike around to check it out any house is on sale?

thank you very much for your reply.

one more questions. i living in Buffalo and NYC now. and probably i will move to Austin, TX. do you think TX is good area ?

Howdy Andy:

Sounds like you are having trouble with the English language. I do not know if it is a lack of education or perhaps it is foreign to you. It just does not matter. You can be successful investing with any level. The smartest people I know surround themselves with smarter people to handle different areas where they lack the knowledge. If you are good at finding deals but know little about construction then hire a construction manager that knows all about that field etc.

Realtor.com is just one site where you can find houses for sale in your area. It is harder to find sold comps without a Realtor but you can find other property that is currently for sale and compare your deal against the open market.

I use the standard contract from the local Real Estate Commission. The Texas forms are available at TREC.com for instance.

If land trust confuse you then do not use them. Find out what you really need and use that. Land trusts are designed to hide ownership from the public especially lawyers that may be looking for the owner in able to sue them. It is a bit harder to find the owner of a land trust but a stake out at the PO Box will pay off within hours if it gets serious.

Find deals any way you can. Ride the bus, bike. You will probably find great deals in your own back yard like the book Acres of Diamonds where the author searched the world over and came home only to find the biggest diamond mine ever in his own yard. ( something like that as I remember the book).

Texas is great. I am buying in Killeen, Waco, Corpus Christi, wherever I can find a deal LOL